Code of Ethics & Disclaimer
The information on this site is intended to be useful and informative for the general public.
The Hill End & Tambaroora Gathering Group (HEATGG) and its members are conscious that collecting, collating and sharing information about people, living or deceased, are essential elements of family history, but that unauthorized publication of information can result in identity fraud and cause hurt and embarrassment to others. Therefore, the Group and its members aim to:
- Comply with the laws of copyright, observing the legal rights of copyright owners, by copying and distributing any part of their works only with their permission, or to the extent allowed under the copyright laws fair use provisions.
- Make every attempt to seek permission from the copyright owners when including their material on this website. If you feel that we have been remiss in any way, then please contact us so we can rectify the matter.
- Respect the feelings of others who do not want information about themselves or deceased members of their family to be published, referenced or linked on a web site.
- Comply with privacy laws and not publish the personal details of living people without their specific permission.
- Inform people who provide information about their families of the ways it may be used, carefully recording and observing any conditions they may impose on its use.
- Not publish any information of a sensitive nature that would cause hurt or embarrassment to anyone.
- Not publish or publicize as fact anything known to be false, nor be a party, directly or indirectly, to such action by others.
- While The Hill End & Tambaroora Gathering Group (HEATGG) tries to present accurate and reliable information on this Internet site, we do not certify such information, nor do we guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.
- HEATGG assume no responsibility for consequences resulting from the use of the information herein, or in any respect for the content of such information, including (but not limited to) errors or omission, or the accuracy or reasonableness of factual assumptions or conclusions.
- HEATGG is not responsible for, and expressly disclaim all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on such information and make no warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, in relation to this web site.
- Links from this web site made to other sites are made at your own risk. HEATGG accept no liability for any linked sites. It is your responsibility to virus check any and all materials that you download from this site.
- The information on this web site is in part a compilation of documents and information derived from many sources. When known and available, contributors are acknowledged and sources are cited. If you find that data contains errors, please contact us. We wish to give credit to everyone for their hard work and valuable contributions and do our best to credit any sources provided to us.
- You may view, download, and print material from this site only for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not post material from this site on another web site or on a computer network without express written permission. If you want to use these materials, please contact us. Permission is usually quickly granted.
- Material on this web site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We are only human. Changes may be periodically made to this material. We may make improvements and/or changes to these pages at any time without notice.
- As with all secondary (and tertiary) data that you have not researched yourself, CONFIRM ALL DATA that you use from this web site. Many details passed to us by other researchers may not have been confirmed.
- References that are made to any products or services of third parties or hypertext links to third party sites or information do not necessarily constitute or imply HEATGG endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation of the third party, information, product or service.
- We value your privacy as much as you do. We will only use your email address for matters relating to Hill End & Tambaroora issues.