Is your family connected to Hill End?

Home Forums Heatgg Community Is your family connected to Hill End?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      admin
      Keymaster

Here is where you can post comments in this topic when looking for information about family members that lived in Hill End.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by convener.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by convener.
      roadtrain
      Participant

I could be related to the Garners. Born in Cargo in 1905 my GGrandfather’s birth certificate has his father as unknown so I did a DNA test and out of 33 matches 23 were Garners with all of them, bar one who is in England) in the USA. The 10 that remained are a mixed bag of surnames and after corresponding to some found there was an adoption. Family rumours are that the father was from Molong. So I search Garner’s Molong and yes they were in the area so that was exciting. I further searched and came across an article about a Charles Garner and it said he was coloured. I also have dark colouring (as did my GGrandfather) and have always thought that there was aborigine in the family. As Charles Garner’s father Charles Snr came from the USA it must be on the maternal side. I am trying to piece it all together as I have come across a photo of Robert George McAllister aka Garner and he also is an aborigine. I do not know where he fits in the family. Is Charles Snr his father or did he take him in as his son when he married Maria Teresa Cox? Whether one of Charles sons went to Molong or maybe another family connection I do not know. Any information that you are able to help me with on the Cox – Garner family will be appreciated. I live in Sunshine Coast Qld and I have a sister who lives in Mumbil. Many thanks David Sutton

convener
      Keymaster

Hi David,
      I have passed on your enquiry to a family member who may be able to assist you. regards Lorraine

wallterry
      Participant

I am seeking information on Nicholas Johns Trevena (senior- born 1825) who was the licensee for the Albion Hotel at Tambaroora. His son, also Nicholas Johns, was born at Tambaroora in November 1858. Nicholas senior’s grandson was my grandfather. I have a significant amount of information about Nicholas and his extended time in Hay from the early 1870s on but I know very little about the family’s time in Tambaroora. Nicholas came to Australia from Cornwall with his wife and several children in the early to mid 1850s but I can’t find an immigration record. I would appreciate it if anyone could provide information about this family and would be happy to share what I have for the period after the family left the Tambaroora district.
      Thank you Terry Wall

Golden Gully
      Participant

Hello there all. Would any of you have details regarding the Golden Gully Hotel that would have been in Tambaroora around the 1872-73 era? Over the weekend I discovered that my great great grandfather William Marcus Woods was the owner/ licencee back then. Any info would be fantastic.
      Thanks in advance.
      Marcus Woods, William’s great great grandson.

KarenM
      Participant

Hi There,

Researching my family tree. Surnames were Pearson, Alderman and Whatley. I know Frances Alderman was killed in a mining accident @ about 34 years of age.

Thank you
      Karen

convener
      Keymaster

Hi Karen,
      Thanks for your query. Sorry there has been a delay in respop0nding but computer did an upgrade and I have had issues logging in!
      I should be able to provide some info on these family names and will try to get it together in the next few days. Please contact me via the “Contact us” page with your email address to send material to.

cheers
      Lorraine

brookebowman
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m researching the Carroll family of Green Valley, Sallys Flat, Tambaroora area.
      His name was Peter Carroll and he married a Margaret O’Brien. Their children I believe were Ann, Thomas, Catherine, Patrick Joseph, Margaret, Bridget. My husband’s family is a descendant of Patrick Joseph.
      I have seen him as a labourer and a newspaper article quoting him as digging for gold and being led to a body in the bush (if this is the same Peter Carroll).

Many thanks,
      Brooke

manonanders
      Participant

My link is Peter and Elizabeth Williams. Peter was a miner in Redruth, Cornwall. He married Elizabeth in March 1854 and emigrated to Australia later that year in search of gold. In the Sofala Parish records on this site, it shows that Peter and Elizabeth were in Erskine Flat in 1860 when their son William was born. 4 years later, Edward Williams was born. That is my great grandfather.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.