There is an extensive collection of historical maps of the area available on the New South Wales Department of Industry, Resources and Energy website. Click on the links to take you to these maps. These and many more are accessible through the DIGS Database.
State Records also have a growing collection of records relating to Surveyors’ Plans and Maps and many of these are also indexed. A guide and the online index to these can be found on their website
The following maps will be of interest to those researching the Turon, Hill End and Tambaroora goldfields.
- THE FIRST GEOLOGICAL PLAN (original) Chart of the Turon Gold Diggings, Sofala, Bathurst, 1851
- Map of the Central Goldfields, taken from Prout, John Skinner, 1805-1876 The emigrant in Australia, or, Gleanings from the gold-fields
- Geological Map of Hill End and Tambaroora, NSW, 1879
- Geological Map of the Hill End and Tambaroora Goldfield, 1918
- Sofala-Hill End-Stuart Town Gold Deposits Map