The following “mud maps” show places of interest and give many locations which are difficult to find on current day maps. Further information can be obtained from Douglas Stone’s publications “Gold & relic sites – Hill End, and Sofala & Wattle Flat goldfields” metal detecting maps.
- The Western Goldfields including Hill End & Tambaroora (from “Guide to Historic Hill End” by Harry Hodge)
- Turon River Goldfields including Sofala (from “Sofala Days & Turonites” by John Rule)
- Souvenir Map of Historic Hill End Village (Produced with permission of the Hodge family – adapted from “A Guide to Historic Hill End and its environs” by Harry Hodge, 1969)
- Hill End 1874 Map showing original leaseholders* Click here for an index to the names mentioned on this map
- Tambaroora map showing original leaseholders* Click here for an index to the names mentioned on this map
* These images remain the intellectual property of the Department of Land & Property Information and are reproduced with their permission.